PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Icecast2 one input two streams one without metadata?

MikeUK
July 9th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I’d like to understand what I need to do to create two streams from one input on Icecast2

I’m currently running ices0 to create and stream a playlist of mp3 files, it’s a basic setup up but it works and feeds Icecast2 which in turn streams out to XMMS, audacity and Rhythm box without issue. (I did it so long ago I’ve forgotten most of what I did)

I have recently added a Egreat M34A NMT to my setup, and have created (copied) an XSL file in the icecast web server section. The NMT can see the file, and buffer the stream., but I get no audio playback. I’m lead to believe that this is due to the metadata being streamed and that the Egreat NMT can’t handle the metadata (it does work with shoutcast streams)

I’d like to set up a second stream on the Icecast server but without the Metadata, see if this realy does solve the problem I’m almost sure that the command is <mp3-metadata-interval>0</mp3-metadata-interval> to shut down metadata transmission.

The sad part is I’m not sure how to create the second stream and then where to put the metadata shutdown command for just that stream?

Looking for help and advice

MikeUK
July 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Partly solved.

The NMT doesn't show any metadata when its running and it takes a very long time to buffer, add in a long delay. if you don't wait long enough you assume it not working.
I walked away the othr day and didn't bother adjusting or resetting anything and after several minutes passed I had music.

I think my next steps will be to get the burst and buffer settings adjusted to suit the NMT