PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Green zone won't play

komputerkurt
July 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I have Green Zone which I want to play on my computer. I have libdvdread4 and VLC media player and it has pulse and the whole 9 yards. It will only play the FBI warning. After playing it it won't transition to the next part. I guess I'll try on slow Windows. Also ubuntu needs a DirectX equivalent so you can play the movie on your desktop :D

cchhrriiss121212
July 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM
And Green zone is a film which you have on DVD? Do other dvds work?
Check you have libdvdcss2 installed from the medibuntu repository. Directx has nothing to do with playing dvds.

komputerkurt
July 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
And Green zone is a film which you have on DVD? Do other dvds work?
Check you have libdvdcss2 installed from the medibuntu repository. Directx has nothing to do with playing dvds.Yes I have it on dvd. I'll try a different one and check. No I was talking about how in XP it has a "play on desktop" feature for directx.

EDIT: I have tried another disk it didn't work. I'm getting ubuntu restricted extras from the synaptic package manager.

benoliver999
March 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Bit late but just for the record - try going into 'Open Disc' then checking the 'No DVD menus' box, then open the disc again.

I've not tried it with Green Zone, but it worked with Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I had the same problem with Green Zone last week.