PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel Video Drivers

HenneBaby02
July 7th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I know this has been posted before and trust me i've spent hours searching but haven't found a answer i was looking for... so my question is, My computer is a Dell Dimension 2350 (all factory stuff inside besides RAM cards) with a .... Intel 845G (I'm almost positive but id have to check windows to see, Factory made also). how do i get my video drivers compatible wiith ubuntu? Oh and my ubuntu version is 10.04. Any help is greatly appreciated..

Also does getting your graphics card to be read on ubuntu get you to use Visual Effects (None, Normal, Extra).. And is their a simple fix to the dispearring pointer in 10.04 ?

Thanks again :popcorn:

HenneBaby02
July 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM
well since noone answered and i have tried searching but, its kind of like playin ring around the rosey.. anyway not to knock ubuntu bcz i perfer it over windows... but it seems like ubuntu 9.10+ seems to be like windows 7 when it comes to old school drivers... so i just downgraded to 8.04 and now everything is good so far. so anyone having the same issues just downgrade i guess.. My computer is a Dell Dimension 2350 w/ Intel 82845G video driver.

can this thread be deleted?