PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] After logging in, I get stuck in a black screen.

kirbyparufo
July 2nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'm using 10.04. I was trying to run FloboPuyo. I double clicked the icon (I downloaded it manually because the Ubuntu Software Center version has no sound/music due to a glitch). The screen resized as normal, but the game didn't start. After double-clicking to run the game again, I got in, played, and quit. However, my screen resolution didn't return to normal. I trying changing it, but the screen would shut off (though the power would remain on). I shut down the computer and turned it back on, but now when I log on(I can reach and see the log-in screen just fine), the screen makes a clicking noise (as if it is switching displays) and turns black while I'm being logged in. I cannot use the computer at all now. What should I do?

EDIT: Nothing is visible, cursor included.

kirbyparufo
July 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Is this any way I can use a safe mode or something so that I can attempt to adjust the monitor and use the internet? Not being able to use the computer at all is not fun. :(

rjs1064
July 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
does ctr alt f1 give you a command prompt?

kirbyparufo
July 2nd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Yes. I can access it even after the screen goes black after logging on.

kirbyparufo
July 3rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
I hate to bump this, but this is kind of an important issue for me. :-|

kirbyparufo
July 3rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Not really solved, but I just wiped out my old system (since I just started it, I didn't really have anything of value on it) and started over. Problem solved. >_>