PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Different settings for different wired networks

vinhtantran
July 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hello,

I use my laptop with Ubuntu 10.04 in my office and home. The network in the office uses proxy while my home is not. Moreover, I want to use OpenDNS for my home network but not in my office. However, both places use wired networks and every time I plug one of them in, Ubuntu always announce that I connect to "eth0", and I always have to change settings.

How would I do to create two different profiles for two of them?

Thank you.

okplayer02
July 3rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I use my laptop with Ubuntu 10.04 in my office and home. The network in the office uses proxy while my home is not. Moreover, I want to use OpenDNS for my home network but not in my office. However, both places use wired networks and every time I plug one of them in, Ubuntu always announce that I connect to "eth0", and I always have to change settings.

How would I do to create two different profiles for two of them?

Thank you.

go to the top right and find the connection on your try and right click then find edit connections you find the wired tab and click on add and fill the information in and click apply. there you go

Iowan
July 4th, 2010, 02:38 AM
You may want to uncheck the "Connect automatically" box so you can choose which connection to use.