PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] why won't some icons work in youtube vol, full screen etc

bradmayne04
July 2nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
hey what's up? quick question as i have finally been able to use my 9.10 karmic to do pretty much everything i want. i can happily say that i am only using win 7 for my itunes cuz i have a 5th gen nano. (another story for another time) i am having difficulties on certain web pages. youtube is one but the problem is erratic. the problem is that i can't click the volume, pause, etc, on certain youtube video's. it's not on every video though. just certain one's this also happens on certain web pages such as this page:

http://carlosmiller.com/2010/06/17/11128/#comment-30652

on the page listed above i can't even play the video. notice that it's a youtube video and i can't even play it on that page. however if i go to that video on youtube it plays and i can go full screen and everything. could someone tell me what i need to do in order to remedy this?

kimikrishna
July 2nd, 2010, 08:55 AM
i can happily say that i am only using win 7 for my itunes

Not a solution to your problem.
You can use banshee instead of i tunes ..

marshmallow1304
July 2nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
See the workarounds on the bug report (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/410407?comments=all).

lovinglinux
July 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
This usually happens when you are using the 32bit plugin on a 64bit system.

To fix that you need to edit the npviewer file. Open it with the command below:

gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer

Then add the following line before the last line of that file:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1

The file content should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
TARGET_OS=linux
TARGET_ARCH=i386
. /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/noarch/npviewer

Save the file and restart the browser.

bradmayne04
July 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Not a solution to your problem.
You can use banshee instead of i tunes ..

i don't think banshee supports Ipod Nano 5th generation. Maybe I'm wrong though? Please let me know your specific experiences. I've tried gtkpod and some others but like I said the 5th gen Ipod Nano is too new and their is no software for it yet. (that I know of) if you personally used software that supports this let me know ASAP!

bradmayne04
July 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
This usually happens when you are using the 32bit plugin on a 64bit system.

To fix that you need to edit the npviewer file. Open it with the command below:

gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewerThen add the following line before the last line of that file:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1The file content should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
TARGET_OS=linux
TARGET_ARCH=i386
. /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/noarch/npviewerSave the file and restart the browser.

I just did exactly as you said and it worked! Thanks dude!! I only tried the site i posted the url for so far though but it worked no problem!!

lovinglinux
July 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
I just did exactly as you said and it worked! Thanks dude!! I only tried the site i posted the url for so far though but it worked no problem!!

You are welcome. :)