PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird Flash Issues

eccapants
July 2nd, 2010, 03:15 AM
Here's my issue: A few days ago I upgraded from Karmic to Lucid. Everything seemed to have gone well and all was working.
Then flash magically disappeared in firefox. I was able to restore it by uninstalling then reinstalling flashplugin-nonfree. The same thing happened roughly a day later. I've been doing the uninstall/reinstall for the past few days each time flash decides to die on me but today this fix didn't work. I've played around with various things and installed FLASH-AID. Now I have flash in almost everything (youtube is working again but surfthechannel is still non-functional).
Any ideas what the problem is and how I could fix it?
Thanks!

lovinglinux
July 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
When the problem happens again, verify if flashplugin-installer is installed and if Firefox is detecting it.

Type about:config in Firefox address bar, then type plugin.expose_full_path in the filter, then double-click the same item in the results to make it true. Then type about:plugins in the address bar, find Shockwave Flash, copy the corresponding Path and Version and paste here.

If the package is installed, but Firefox doesn't recognize it, then you might have a problem with your user profile. Sometimes deleting pluginreg.dat from it helps, since forces Firefox to detect the plugins again.