PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How Do You "Print Screen" In Ubuntu 10.4?

bbuy2k
June 30th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Hello Ubuntu World, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Calvin a student at ITT-Tech Atlanta Campus, but you can just call me BBUY2K, here in this virtual world.
I got an interesting question, how do you do a Print Screen in Ubuntu 10.4 or any other linux distributions at that, like you would in Windows?...Pardon my french (Windows)

Thanks in Advance,

-bbuy2k

drs305
June 30th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Greetings from a fellow Atlantan (well, nearby), and welcome to the Ubuntu forums.

You can use the PrtSc button in most setups. The app used in Ubuntu can also be accessed from the Applications, Accessories menu (Take Screenshot).

You can also right click the Main Menu icon, "Edit Menus", highlight Accessories in the left panel and drag the "Take Screenshot" icon on the right onto your top panel for easy access.

mc4man
June 30th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Additionally, if you wish a screen of a window itself - with focus on that window go
Alt+PrtScr

bbuy2k
June 30th, 2010, 03:58 AM
WOW you guys are quick, thank you for the help. I appreciate it very much.

drs305
June 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
WOW you guys are quick, thank you for the help. I appreciate it very much.

In addition to the default screenshot, if you run it from a terminal and include command switches there are more options. You can see these options by typing "man gnome-screenshot" in a terminal. There are also other Linux screenshot apps with even more functionality should you need them.

You will find a lot of readily-available help on this forum. A quick search of previous posts will usually turn up the answer. When it doesn't there are lots of Ubuntu users willing to help out. One thing that assists the helpers is to mark a thread SOLVED once you no longer need help. This allows the helpers concentrate on unresolved issues and lets those with similar problems concentrate their searches on threads which have a higher probability of containing an answer.

To mark a thread solved, use the "Thread Tools" link at the top right of the original post. You can revert the status there as well (remove SOLVED).