PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen problems

Ub28
June 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Hi.

When I play some fullscreen games such as Trackballs, the bottom part of the game gets "chopped off". If I choose not to play in fullscreen (via the game options), I can see the whole game.

I'm guessing this could be a bug in the nvidia graphics driver?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit with the latest nvidia driver. I know it's a "closed source" driver, but it was the only one I was offered to install.

How can I resolve this problem or who can?
Thanks.

Ub28
July 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Sometimes you achieve fullscreen without the bottom part of the game getting "chopped off" if you change the resolution in game settings, but not always.

Any ideas how to solve this? :confused:

Ub28
July 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
I've tried using previous drivers. I went into System > Administration > Hardware drivers and tried the 2 previous versions of the driver. I tried version 173 and that didn't help. I then tried version 96 and I could not change my screen resolution to 1280x1024, but it did stop the bottom of the fullscreen game getting "chopped off", however the gameplay was very slow and unplayable using driver version 96.

Can I file this is a bug?

PLEASE HELP.

Ub28
July 1st, 2010, 01:09 PM
Still a tough one to solve??

I have been into System > Administration > NVIDIA X Server Settings

clicked "Reset Hardware Defaults" to make absolutely sure it's all set to manufacturer's defaults.

Still no luck with fullscreen games (that run at different resolutions to 1280x1024), the bottom part still gets "chopped off".