PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [Radiance] tooltips not readable. white on whitish background

m4lte
June 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm having a problem with the new themes Ambience and Radiance. In some applications there are tool tip windows where the text is white and the background is a light yellow, rendering the text almost invisible. This occurs for example in Skype (see screenshot) when hovering over a contact or in Mendeley.

I don't know why this occurs, but since the problem is specific to the new themes I guess it should be possible to change these particular colors in the definition of the theme. Does anyone know where I have to look for that?

m4lte

moongia
June 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Have you tried resting you colors in your theme manager? right click on the desktop and change background,then click on theme,then click on customize,then colors,from there you should see rest to defaults...

m4lte
June 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Have you tried resting you colors in your theme manager? right click on the desktop and change background,then click on theme,then click on customize,then colors,from there you should see rest to defaults...

I had a look but colors are correct. In most applications the tool tips have a black background as they should, it's just some applications where it doesn't work...

I found a solution for Skype:
I had resolved changing "Choose style" from "Options" in "Desktop Settings".
In this way all work perfectly!
I thing the it's important find a solution, because people that install skype and see this problem will think: "On the new Ubuntu skype don't work!"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes/+bug/533196