PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i fullscreen across two monitors in ubuntu?

tendavola
June 28th, 2010, 12:36 AM
How do i fullscreen wow across two monitors in ubuntu?
I am running ubuntu 10.04 with two 1024x768 lcd monitors running from a Nvidia 9800gt graphics card running in twinview. I ant to maximixe WoW(World of Warcraft)(running under wine) as fullscreen across both screens. The WoW client recognizes a resolution option of 2048x768, but when i apply it, it squeezes it onto one monitor. Any ideas how to fullscreen across both?

And i have removed the touching sides of the monitor cases so the screens touch directly so it is feasible to play.

also, i am using the latest nvidia drivers

Dr_Willis
June 28th, 2010, 02:31 AM
If you put the game in to 'window' mode - you should be able to resize the window to take up both monitors. But thats not exactly useing the 'fullscreen' option.

I also have to drag the window where its part way across both monitor Then manually resize it so it fills up both. (i do this in Lord Of the Rings Online)

You Might be able to simply disable twinview and use just xinerama and it Might fullscreen across both monitors automatically. Normally this would be considered a bug, because most games are not playable that way. But in your case it would be a 'feature'

I have had cases where games in wine do NOT properly see the res of the screens with using twinview. You may need to alter the games configs by hand to set the proper res.

Good Luck.