PDA

View Full Version : the minimize button abends the program

eltonw
June 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I am running the NBR using the Gnome interface, instead of the default netbook interface, but the problem happens even if I switch back to the default.

Whenever I click on the MINIMIZE to desktop [v] button, the program abends (i.e. it disapppears, is NOT visible mimimized to the desktop, nor shows in the task bar or lower panel.

The default buttons are in order of placement are:
x [close], v (downward pointing arrowhead)[minimize to desktop] and [^ / ] (upward pointing arrowhead / square) [minimize /maximize]. I realise that on a small netbook screen such as my Asus EEE 1000 PC one might easily click on the "close" (x) button my mistake.

However, I UORPOSELY click on the down arrow button, and the current program / window disappears completely. As per my description above, I cannot find the application, so I have to relaunch it from the program menu.

If it had been minimized, the system would inform me that the program was already running. Since it does not, it is a safe assumption and statement to say that the application / window / program has abended.

My only workaround is to adjust the maximixe size of the window using the rightmost button (downward arrow head = smaller window, square = fully maximized).

How do I get back the "minimize to desktop" feature?:confused:

mikewhatever
June 26th, 2010, 06:41 PM
1. You can cycle through open program windows with alt+tab, no matter maximized or minimized.
2. In the netbook interface, add the 'window-picker-applet' to the panel. The applet shows an icon for every open program.