PDA

View Full Version : Moving Mythtv Setup (setting, channels, channel groups) to another machine?

DominicF
June 17th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone managed to copy/move their current mythtv setup and install on another freshly installed Mythbuntu machine? What bits would I need to copy? I'm running Mythbuntu

I find I'm always trying to fix issues on my system as they arise and at some point usually decide to re-install everything after experimenting and re-apply my fixes. At the moment I have a two tuner setup one with a DVB-S/S2 card connected to DiSEqC switch feeding 2 sats and DVB-T card. I took me a long time to tune and remove unwanted channels and create channel groups and I don't want to loose those settings.

Thanks.

joshoekstra
June 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone managed to copy/move their current mythtv setup and install on another freshly installed Mythbuntu machine? What bits would I need to copy? I'm running Mythbuntu

I find I'm always trying to fix issues on my system as they arise and at some point usually decide to re-install everything after experimenting and re-apply my fixes. At the moment I have a two tuner setup one with a DVB-S/S2 card connected to DiSEqC switch feeding 2 sats and DVB-T card. I took me a long time to tune and remove unwanted channels and create channel groups and I don't want to loose those settings.

Thanks.

Saving or restoring the database (http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5) would help you with the mysql-part. Settings done in files(eg xmltv and remote and so on) would need to be backed up separately...