PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope that bug number 404363 be fix in Maverick Meerkat?

aviramof
June 15th, 2010, 07:43 PM
This bug is ancient but the problem still exist is there any hope that it would be fix in 10.10?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/404363

Thanks in advance.

MacUntu
June 15th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Please note: Ubuntu Developers do not usually read the forums. ):P

ELD
June 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Please note: Ubuntu Developers do not usually read the forums. ):P

But someone may be able to give him the heads up.

ronacc
June 15th, 2010, 08:02 PM
probably your best hope is take a crash course in programing and fix it yourself :lolflag:

teh603
June 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Have you tried Kubuntu to see if it happens in Dolphin, or xubuntu to try Thunar?

questioning
June 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM
its a nautilus bug.

andrewabc
June 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
icon sorting in regular language desktop on desktop is a nightmare. Unless that was fixed in 10.04.

I'll create a file near right side of screen, and at some point later it will be moved to left side somewheres random and takes me long time to find it.

Sometimes the icon (image preview usually) will cover up another file icon, so I have to move stuff around to find where it is.

Sad that winxp desktop icon management is much simpler.

Sometimes easier to go to places->desktop and it has them sorted better.

And mounting a device (camera, usb stick), you end up with icon for it in some random place.

aviramof
June 16th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Have you tried Kubuntu to see if it happens in Dolphin, or xubuntu to try Thunar?

Xubutnu don't work well at all in RTL all the icons by default are on the left side
of the screen and i need to drag them to the right.

Kubuntu i think it's fine there but i don't like Kubuntu at all and he has a tendency to crash
with every update.

Basicly gnome has the best RTL support but this bug in nautilus is very annoying.