PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu cant see boot screen nvidia

xenosaga456
June 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
wo ehen ever i boot up i cant see anything on screen untill i get to the login screen......i cant use recoverymode ither cuz i cant see the screen??? it just goes blong whenever i ctrl+alt+f4 i cant see nothing??? i cant login in as terminal ither its just a blank screen unless the xserver is running??

dabl
June 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
u NEed tuh rEMoVe "QUieT" fRUm thE keRNL buTe lINE oN thUH buTE mENu sO U cAN sEE tHuh bUte meSSagES

owise1
June 16th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I have a similar issue - I did a clean install of 10.04 from a live USB and while to initial boot from the USB showed the normal Ubuntu splash screen with the progress dots under the symbol the next boot and subsequent boots from the hard have a black screen until the gnome desktop comes up. I assume an issue with grub2?

Dave

dabl
June 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think it's a Grub2 issue. *buntu now uses "Plymouth" for the initial boot screen, following the boot menu. I don't know lots about Plymouth -- it's a little touchy on my Kubuntu system. If you delete the "quiet" option on the kernel boot line in the boot menu, then you should be able to view the messages as it boots.

xenosaga456
June 17th, 2010, 06:06 AM
well could u tell me how to deleat that properaly?

aosmith
June 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Whats your chipset? Try turning off integrated graphics in the bios if you've got 2 cards.

VastOne
June 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
u NEed tuh rEMoVe "QUieT" fRUm thE keRNL buTe lINE oN thUH buTE mENu sO U cAN sEE tHuh bUte meSSagES

I cannot stop laughing...., you have done it dabl, you have cut me down to a blubbering mass.
:lolflag:

xenosaga456
June 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM
i cant do that in my bios cuz i do hav a nvidia chipset vut it is made by hp