PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia 9500M GS - Firefox Graphic Issue [Help]

mrcool1990
June 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Everyone

I've been installing Ubuntu 10.4 on my laptop for like 5 times but every-time i'm facing the same problem which makes me disappointed and force me to switch back to windows.

Problem:
I have ASUS G1S laptop with Nvidia 9500M GS graphic card. I've installed the Latest nvidia driver correctly and it works perfect.
The bad thing is whenever i open any website,the resolution of pictures are very low. i can count the pixels of each picture.
for example if i open facebook, all pictures looks damn low quality which freaks me out.

what should i do? Please help :confused:

PinchedNerve
June 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Try Google Chrome & see if you get the same issue, if yes, then one of the Guru's will have to help you.

mrcool1990
June 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Try Google Chrome & see if you get the same issue, if yes, then one of the Guru's will have to help you.

Omg i never thought Chrome can fix this problem.
Thanks man, the problem is now fixed..:lolflag:

hsoulen
June 15th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone

I've been installing Ubuntu 10.4 on my laptop for like 5 times but every-time i'm facing the same problem which makes me disappointed and force me to switch back to windows.

Problem:
I have ASUS G1S laptop with Nvidia 9500M GS graphic card. I've installed the Latest nvidia driver correctly and it works perfect.
The bad thing is whenever i open any website,the resolution of pictures are very low. i can count the pixels of each picture.
for example if i open facebook, all pictures looks damn low quality which freaks me out.

what should i do? Please help :confused:

Glad Chrome is working for you, but just for future ref:

http://support.mozilla.com/ar/kb/Basic+Troubleshooting#Make_a_new_profile

Sometimes Firefox profiles get corrupt and creating a new one will solve the problem, this can manifest as low res graphics, incorrect fonts etc.

Cheers,

Hank