PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu netbook Update Manager lockups

Josh_Dude83
June 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM
So I've been having an issue with the update manager. I am basically taking the sink or swim approach to learning Ubuntu (no prior knowledge). So it would be helpful if you were specific in replies, otherwise I may not understand. That aside, the update manager keep freezing/locking up every time I try to update. It auto runs on every bootup/restart and tells me of all the updates that are available. Great right? Well when I click the 'install updates' button, it prompts me for my password and then brings up a dialog titled 'downloading packages' and they box is gray and you never see any progress. Previously this showed the progress bar of the updates and everything worked fine. Now it is just a gray box of boo. Any help would be appreciated. I was going to remove and reinstall the update manager, but it shows 2 depended packages and so I was worried that after the reinstall I might run into dependency issues with the netbook version. I rely heavily on the Update Manager to do most of the installations for me and dont want to fubar it for future use.