PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Better Battery time Netbook

brucks
June 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Hello

I have install Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop on my Asus EEE PC and it's runs very nice. But it's feel like i lose some of my battery time.

In Windows i have around 10-12h but in Ubuntu 10.04 i have maybe 8-9h.

I runs the cpu at powersave and have turn of the bluetooth in Ubuntu, what more can i do? Need I to install something?

dustinmarlowe56
June 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
i'm not sure if there is anything that you can do in this case as i have been hearing by a lot of people that ubuntu tends to drain battery slightly more than windows does nowadays. you said you are running the ubuntu desktop. you could try running a lighter install such as ubuntu netbook and/or xubuntu/lubuntu or even crunchbang.

another thing you could possibly do is set the computer up so that it boots off of a flashdrive, and doesnt use the harddrive unless absolutely necessary, that way you save power buy not keeping the harddrive spinning all the time.

Roly25
June 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Hello

I have install Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop on my Asus EEE PC and it's runs very nice. But it's feel like i lose some of my battery time.

In Windows i have around 10-12h but in Ubuntu 10.04 i have maybe 8-9h.

I runs the cpu at powersave and have turn of the bluetooth in Ubuntu, what more can i do? Need I to install something?

Have you tried setting the HDD to spin down when possible in the Power Management preferences?

Roland