PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hey Guys Quick Video Card Question

pcox
June 10th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I have been using Ubuntu 10.04 since the release and I have to say that it is an amazing OS. Simple, elegant and most importantly free! However it has come to my attention that my video card is not working properly.

Does ubuntu 10.04 support my video card? If so where can I get the drivers as click system > Admin > hardware, does not work

This is my video card.

Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

I would really like to keep using ubuntu into next yeah but this is kind of a make or break deal seeing as I need my computer running 100% for the fall. It would suck if I had to re-install windows :(.

Thanks for the help guys!

Autodave
June 10th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I have been using Ubuntu 10.04 since the release and I have to say that it is an amazing OS. Simple, elegant and most importantly free! However it has come to my attention that my video card is not working properly.

Does ubuntu 10.04 support my video card? If so where can I get the drivers as click system > Admin > hardware, does not work

This is my video card.

Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

I would really like to keep using ubuntu into next yeah but this is kind of a make or break deal seeing as I need my computer running 100% for the fall. It would suck if I had to re-install windows :(.

Thanks for the help guys!

Please tell us what kind of problems you are having with it: just saying it doesn't work right doesn't give anyone much to go on. :-)

pcox
June 11th, 2010, 01:36 AM
The computer is not recognizing it under hardware drivers and I cant install themes (because I need a video card to do that). Im assuming it is broken and what I have been reading is that it is not supported.

The real question is is it really not supported and if not where can I find a work around.

cascade9
June 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Ffrom what I recall, Intel Mobile 4 = GMA 4500.

You dont need to install drivers for the GMA 4500, they are installed out of the box (open source drivers). That is why System-> Administration-> Hardware Drivers wont give you any drivers to install.

It shouldnt be affecting your ability to install themes at all ;)