PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] missing volume control applet

paul88
June 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I have removed the gnome-volume-control-applet from the panel how to i get it back, i cannot see it in the add to panel menu, and when type it in to terminal it appears but disappears when close terminal.

Thanks

wilee-nilee
June 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I have removed the gnome-volume-control-applet from the panel how to i get it back, i cannot see it in the add to panel menu, and when type it in to terminal it appears but disappears when close terminal.

Thanks

Go to start up applications in preferences and add a new startup and put gnome-volume-control-applet in the command and reboot or restart X and it will be back, if the notification applet is still there, in the panel

paul88
June 9th, 2010, 04:37 PM
also missing the battery indicator.

cbecker78
June 9th, 2010, 04:40 PM
for temporary, type it in the terminal followed by a space and the "&" (without the quotes). This will allow you to close the terminal.

Not sure about lucid, but in earlier versions the applet "should" be in the options to add when you right-click on empty panel space and select "add to panel". If your saying it's not there, you'll have to do the terminal way until someone else smarter than me comes along and suggests a fix...

In lucid, it MAY require the indicator messages applet... you could try that if you don't have it.

Clatterfordslim
June 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Go to start up applications in preferences and add a new startup and put gnome-volume-control-applet in the command and reboot or restart X and it will be back, if the notification applet is still there, in the panel

Or right click top panel and select add to panel, a list of icons will come up pick the one that says indicator applet needs your attention on your desktop. That should do the trick

wilee-nilee
June 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Or right click top panel and select add to panel, a list of icons will come up pick the one that says indicator applet needs your attention on your desktop. That should do the trick

I use my method better,since this adds the evolution envelope on my distro. I don't use evolution I like thunderbird much better.