PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't install ubuntu on hp compaq 6715s laptop

happyparthi
June 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
i am using hp compaq 6715s(amd sempron), when i am installing ubuntu the screen will show a block screen only. It shows this block screen very long time. After that it cannot move to further steps. so what i am do for that problem?. Please anyone answer to me.

happyparthi
June 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
please answer to me

WolfRage
June 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
So one of the first problems is that your post had a serious lack of specifications. However upon investigation I found that your computer is a notebook model that has no CD/DVD drives. So you must be using a flash drive to install Ubuntu correct?
Are you using UNetBootin to install the ISO to the flash drive? Did you format the drive prior to trying to use UNetBootin? Because it sounds like you have a corupt install medium, probably caused by one of these two problems.
More Questions to be answered. What are you using right now are you on a windows system or Ubuntu? Are you one the computer in question or is that a secodnary machine? How big of a Flash drive do you have? Where did you get your Ubuntu ISO and how did you download it (Driect, torrent,tec.)?
For others trying to help you out in the future here is a quick reference guide for the HP Compaq 6715: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12688_div/12688_div.PDF