PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hp g62-120ep ubuntu?

luismgl
June 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM
So long story short, I already have experience with ubuntu, on my desktop, and since I absolutely love it, I wanted to install it on my brand new laptop. Not because I don't like win7, better than vista by miles, but because I grew acostumed to ubuntu and do not wish to change it, although, I am afraid, since the laptop is quite recent, to damage in anyway, my hard-earned machine, wich I use for university.
So if anyone knows the laptop and tried to install ubuntu on it, please share your experience, any other feedback is, of course, welcome.

thank you

mikewhatever
June 8th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Why not simply run the latest version of Ubuntu from a cd or USB and make sure everything works? In what way can it damage the laptop?

Bucky Ball
June 8th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Why not simply run the latest version of Ubuntu from a cd or USB and make sure everything works? In what way can it damage the laptop?

+1. Just pop the install disk in, boot from it, and 'Try Ubuntu without changing machine' or whatever that option is.

Just a thought: Have you got the free space on your laptop hard drive to install Ubuntu anyhow? You might want to investigate that.

luismgl
June 8th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Just a thought: Have you got the free space on your laptop hard drive to install Ubuntu anyhow? You might want to investigate that.

to double boot? if so yea I do, more than enough actually.
I'm guessing its the most reasonble option.