View Full Version : [SOLVED] iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen

June 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I have recently bough a 2GB iPod Shuffle 3rd Generation.
I have loaded music into it via rhythmbox, and I can listen to it in the computer. The problem is that, when I unplug the iPod it tells me to "Please use iTunes to sync music". The music IS IN the iPod, I don't know what's happening. Please help!

June 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Are you sure you have the ipod plugin enabled? Have you tried a different ipod sync'er like gtkpod? Tell us what your results are for those and then we'll know if there might be a bigger problem.

June 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I tried loading it with Amarok, Banshee, Rhythmbox and GTKPod. Same result with every soft

June 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Was reading around. Have you recently plugged this shuffle into an up to date version of itunes recently? Apparently there is a new firmware update (pushed out through itunes) which nerfs non-itunes. I'm sorry, I don't know quite what to do if this is the case. Some people recommend running itunes in a VM of windows. I think that's total BS.

That being said, I'm not sure if it is the case, as I only have anecdotes from here and there on the internets. Sorry.

June 19th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I had the same problem and I found a solution here. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1357313&highlight=ipod+shuffle+3rd+gen&page=2

I posted the exact steps I took to get mine working, though it will only sync in floola and not rhythmbox.