PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ATI Driver problem No ONE CAN SOLVE..

Jean-Joey
June 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Hello All..
I have a Dell studio 15 that comes with ATI mobility radeon HD 3450 GPU.
Well, In Lucid Lynx, the FGLRX bugs me and keeps playing with my freaking Head..

1- the compiz effect doesnt work In Minimize/maximize windows... and while loading the windows..
2-after suspend/ back from scrren saver.. I cannot see the login window and i have to blindly click and write the Password to login
3- Some other OpenGL graphics works fine with me like the Burn effect and Cairo Dock with OpenGL
4-Power saving feature doesnt seem to work
5- Lag while minimizing.. etc

What I should do? There's a new ATI driver. what should I do (Step by step with details please) to use it?
will it solve my problem?
I'm new to Ubuntu everything worked fine with me using 9.10..

Thanks in advance..

Jean-Joey
June 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah.. its true, what I thought..
no one can help you when you're in real trouble..
is this how it works here??

Absolute abandon?? I like ubuntu but such actions and problems makes me thinking to switch again 2 windows..
so sad and disappointed..

Autodave
June 10th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Yeah.. its true, what I thought..
no one can help you when you're in real trouble..
is this how it works here??

Absolute abandon?? I like ubuntu but such actions and problems makes me thinking to switch again 2 windows..
so sad and disappointed..

Absolute abandon? Gimme a break. Since the first time I logged into here I have either received answers in a very timely fashion or I have searched the threads and found what I needed.

About ALL your graphic problems: have you installed the latest driver from the repositories? Have you tried ndiswrapper? Or, let's try something even simpler: try disabling Compiz. I have a Nvidia graphics card that runs greta except when I have Compiz running and then everything goes haywire: screen locks, slows to a crawl, has weird colors, etc. Disable Compiz and everything is fine again. I know that your eye candy will be gone, but you can then use your computer for it was intended for: computing. Or reading email. Or playing games.

If the worst thing that happens to me is that I can't make my screens jiggle like Jello, that's OK. Still beats ******* hands down.