PDA

View Full Version : can't install ubuntu 10.04

alenn
June 5th, 2010, 08:42 AM
every time I try to install ubuntu 10.04 I get an error, it says that there is an error and then it's starts desktop from live cd so I can start the installation again or to solve that problem.

so can you help me

davidmohammed
June 5th, 2010, 09:22 AM
When there is "an error" - there is usually more text displayed giving the error. Can you add this here?

Possibly, your CD with ubuntu is duff - try burning at the slowest rate possible rather than the default maximum rate.

alenn
June 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I can't remeber all text that was in that error report, it just say that there is some error and then it says that it will start desktop so I can solve the problem or start installation again.

Error appears when backround picture is loaded, just before installation screen

sorry for bad english.

alenn
June 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
rate of burning is 12x, because I burned it on RW CD.

Mikko8
June 5th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I guess I have a similar problem. The error (in my case) is shown when starting up a LiveCD which I received from Canonical so there shouldn't be burning errors.

alenn
June 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
so will anyone help me, I can't install Ubuntu and I need Ubuntu, please hurry up.

alenn
June 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM
?????????

davidmohammed
June 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
as I said before - need to know the exact error message. Its very difficult to give an answer without this.

wojox
June 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Need to know exact error and boot at slower a speed.

darkod
June 6th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Did you try burning on CD-R not CD-RW, and not faster than 4x. A cd for OS installation should be burnt at lower speed.

If that still doesn't work maybe the image got corrupted during download. Get a new image, it's best from torrent, because the torrent software checks for corruption during download.

swudee
June 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
If you can download the alternative install CD it might be worth a try.
Also you could try changing/disabling the power (apci?) settings in the bios, They can be quite buggy.
If that doesn't work if you can get the error message and post or Google it, but think you are saying it disappears quickly?

Regards,

David

alenn
June 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
error report says: " the installer encoutered an unrecovereble error, a desktop will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again."

you see now that error report, I will try to burn ubuntu on lower speed.

alenn
July 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I did everything you said but there is still the same problem. I gave my CD to m friend and at his computer everything works fine. I still get the same message as I posted earlyer.

alenn
July 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM
help plz

dzon65
July 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Did you try burning on CD-R not CD-RW, and not faster than 4x. A cd for OS installation should be burnt at lower speed.

If that still doesn't work maybe the image got corrupted during download. Get a new image, it's best from torrent, because the torrent software checks for corruption during download.

+1
Go for cd,preferable speed 2X.

alenn
July 6th, 2010, 03:05 PM
+1
Go for cd,preferable speed 2X.

can't go under 8x

WinRiddance
July 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I did everything you said but there is still the same problem. I gave my CD to m friend and at his computer everything works fine. I still get the same message as I posted earlyer.

If you gave the CD to a friend and it works fine on his computer then this would clearly indicate two things to me. FIRST, there's nothing wrong with the CD itself since it works fine for your friend and SECONDLY there seems to be a read problem on your system which prevents your computer from reading the CD properly ???

Is it possible that you're trying to use this CD on your machine ... in a very very old CD player, perhaps even one that's defective? How old is the CD drive that you're trying to use the Ubuntu CD on? Do other CDs work just fine on it? I'm not talking about picture or music CDs that just read files but CDs with actual software functions such as .exe files if you have Windows installed ....

alenn
July 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
CD ROM is fine, I installed ubuntu 9.10 on that CD ROM but 10.04 is tricky

alenn
July 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
refresh

WinRiddance
July 8th, 2010, 05:01 PM
CD ROM is fine, I installed ubuntu 9.10 on that CD ROM but 10.04 is tricky

Maybe it's just a buggy CD then or one of the earliest releases of 10.04 from the Ubuntu site? Try another fresh download of the ISO image and then burn that one onto a clean & new CDR disk (not CDRW).

alenn
July 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
ok I'll try. I've downloaded this ISO image from ubuntu official site, 3 days ago.