PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Fusion animation problems

dandaman247
June 2nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hello all,

Just installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my dell studio xps 16 a couple of days ago using the windows installer. Everything has been working well, and I've been SLOWLY figuring my way around. That said, the only effects that work for me are the cube and the wobbly windows. Everything else, when I check it or try and set it up just doesn't work, namely the burn and magic lamp effects.

I've been googling and trying random fixes (i.e. preferences unchecking auto sorting, etc) but none seem to work.

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks.

-Dan

Guy Sibley
June 2nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
You also need to install the CompizConfig Settings Manager might be called CCSM in the software center.

Guy Sibley
June 2nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
...and it couldn't hurt to install the Compiz Fusion Icon while you are at it. after I did those two installs it worked fine. the important one is CCSM tho.

dandaman247
June 2nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
I have both of those installed, I would try and just pull the old uninstall and reinstall routine IF I knew how to... :/

-Dan

stoogiebuncho
June 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
To reinstall, just open up synaptic package manager, find the packages you want to reinstall, and right-click and select "Reinstall".

When you say the burn and magic lamp animations don't work, do you mean that when you set it to use burn the computer continues to use the default animation, or does it not display any animation whatsoever?

dandaman247
June 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
I guess it continues to use the default "Fade" animation because that is what all the windows seem to do.

stoogiebuncho
June 3rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the animations settings page so we can see how you have things set up?