PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Networks: Device Not Ready

wayan_vota
June 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
I've just installed 10.04 on my old Dell desktop as a dual boot with Windows XP....

When I left click on the wifi icon I am told Wireless Networks: Device Not Ready and even if I input the right Wireless Network info, it doesn't connect to the wifi network.

Yet when I look to my hardware drivers, I am told that no proprietary drivers are in use on my system. When I do the System Test is sees and confirms my wireless card and drivers.

So could someone tell me why I can't get Ubuntu to recognize the hardware so it can see the wifi network I want to connect to? Is there some trick that I'm missing?

spotted zebra
June 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
have you tried right clicking on the icon and enabling networking then enabling wireless?

give that a shot if it doesn't work come on back and try to further describe your problem.

Mannie213
June 23rd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah I just installed Ubuntu on my Old dell latitude D600 and I have the same problem...I'm pretty sure we need a driver but which and where I don't know.

EDIT: I found this on google: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/479752

I'm gonna try it now see if it works. Nope guess the new kernel even stopped this from working...