PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can not find epiphany

ityro
June 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
I downloaded and installed the Epiphany Browser using the Synaptic Pagkage Manager with no problems except I can not find it. Talk about dumb. I looked in all the places I have looked before but to no avail. Suggestions? Thank You.

P.S. I searched thse forums and tried the suggestions and all I get when I launch or use the command line is the screen “Welcome to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS”. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and did a restart in preparation for any suggestions.

My System: Dual boot Ubuntu 8.04 (separate home folder) with XP on a HP COMPAQ nx9010 Notebook, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz, 706MB RAM, 40GB HDD, USB 2.0, CD-R Drive, Floppy Drive, 80GB External HDD. Single user for home use only.

ankspo71
June 2nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hi,
Sometimes we need to log out then log in again (or restart) for some menu entries to appear in the menu. What appears when you use the command epiphany-browser in the terminal? If all it is you are missing a shortcut, you can create a new one to point to /usr/bin/epiphany-browser (I think). You can use the command whereis epiphany-browser in the terminal to help locate it.

If the above doesn't help, there is also a game called epiphany which causes some of us (including myself once) to install the game (epiphany) and not the browser (epiphany-browser). If this is the case, then it is only a matter of uninstalling one, then installing the other, in synaptic package manager.
Hope this helps.

ityro
June 2nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your replay. All of the Epiphany names when executed give the 8.04 page as I stated and I have restarted many times. I was aware of the game and did avoid it. I have tried all the suggestions in this forums that I understood. Thanks again for your interest.

3rdalbum
June 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks for your replay. All of the Epiphany names when executed give the 8.04 page as I stated and I have restarted many times.

Yeah, it's probably set as the default start page for the browser. What exactly is the problem? Could you provide a screenshot?

Oh and by the way, your profile on Ubuntu Forums says you're using Ubuntu 7.10... you might want to update that.

ityro
June 3rd, 2010, 12:42 AM
The problem is obviously me. Having problems since I turned 70. Thanks.