PDA

View Full Version : Wireless problem

rtspear
June 2nd, 2010, 02:04 AM
I'm running a live version uf Ubuntu 10.04 netbook on a usb drive on my Dell 1012 Mini. I'd like to get my broadband running. I download the BroadcomSTA driver and reboot from the flash drive but wireless isn't enabled. Can this be done with a live version, or must I install Ubuntu (I'd rather not do that).

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Richard

Vined Adobo
June 2nd, 2010, 02:43 AM
I'm running a live version uf Ubuntu 10.04 netbook on a usb drive on my Dell 1012 Mini. I'd like to get my broadband running. I download the BroadcomSTA driver and reboot from the flash drive but wireless isn't enabled. Can this be done with a live version, or must I install Ubuntu (I'd rather not do that).

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Richard

Okay, I'm not aware of Dell, but I run Ubuntu on an ACER laptop with a wireless atheros 5001bg. My wife has an ACER netbook with the same wireless chip. I can run my laptop wireless, or my wife can run her netbook wireless, but we can't both run wireless at the same time. I suspect it's my Motorola wireless DSL router, but I have no proof. Some people say it's WPA vs WEP. I can't confirm, but I have always had a problem with it. I haven't been able to ask a question coherent enough to generate good answers. My wireless wouldn't work at all until jaunty.
Good luck. I hope someone can help both of us.

Dave