PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No video call button for Skype on Acer Aspire 4520

pbenerjee
June 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I am Linux and Ubuntu newbie but I do have working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment and general commands. So I have been able to get almost everything working on my Acer Aspire laptop, offcourse with generous help from people guided by the spirit of "Ubuntu"

Even the webcam, considered the "final frontier" is working in Skype test. However, I don't see any video call button next to audio call and chat buttons.
I am using Lucid Lynx 10.04 and latest Skype beta version for Ubuntu

How should I go about displaying the "video call" button in Skype?

Many Thanks
Partho

pbenerjee
June 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Nobody knows how to go about this problem??

kismeras
June 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I am Linux and Ubuntu newbie but I do have working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment and general commands. So I have been able to get almost everything working on my Acer Aspire laptop, offcourse with generous help from people guided by the spirit of "Ubuntu"

Even the webcam, considered the "final frontier" is working in Skype test. However, I don't see any video call button next to audio call and chat buttons.
I am using Lucid Lynx 10.04 and latest Skype beta version for Ubuntu

How should I go about displaying the "video call" button in Skype?

Many Thanks
Partho

I am running Linux Mint 9 and notice the same thing. I don't think there is a video call button for Skype on Linux. The way to do it is to start video after the call connects. That's what i do. Hope this helps.

pbenerjee
June 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Ok, I had used Skype on windows before so was wondering about video call button.
Anyways, thanks a lot for replying. Will try to use your method.