PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Having trounle customizing icons - 10.0.4

wombatvvv
June 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I'm just experimenting with changing the GNOME UI.

1. If I then go to Preferences -> Appearance and then click "Customise", I have an option to select a bunch of icons. Most of the icons sets look the same however (all orange folders), except for the first one, which is the "GNOME" icon set and another one which is "High Contrast" something. But then there's lots of other options (e.g. Humanity, Humanity Dark, etc.) which all just look like orange folders and don't change anything. Is something broken here?

2. If I go into System -> Preferences -> Art Manager, and then Art -> whatever, it downloads all the themes everytime I start the Art Manager. Is that really necessary - am I doing something wrong?

3. If I use the Art Manager and go to Art -> Icons, there's a list of about 40 icons sets I can download. If I Install one, nothing happens. If I then go to Appearance, and Customise, and select the Icon tab (as in #1), the new icons appear in the list, but if I select them, nothing changes. The UI just remains on the same icon set as what was last selected.

4. If I use the Art Manager and go to Art -> Other Themes -> Splash Screen, the Install option is grey-out. How do I change this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

wombatvvv
June 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
Bump ... can nobody help with this?

formaldehyde_spoon
June 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Go here to download tons of icons: http://gnome-look.org/
I recommend ClearlooksOSX3.7.

To install, go System > Preferences > Appearance > click install > select the file you downloaded > select 'yes, use now'.