PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help please

G1z3r
June 1st, 2010, 01:10 AM
I am trying to do what is mentioned in the post below but i have no clue what I am doing can someone please help. I have downloaded the file but dont know where to go from there.

"Ubuntu 9.10 Ideazon Merc zboard gaming keyboard
I have read over several articles on here and the web on how to get an Ideazon Merc zboard gaming keyboard to work. I have tried various 'solutions' that never worked. I did however pick up on all the knowledge that was passed around and decided I would try something on my own.

What I did, was open gEdit and create a file to load the missing keymaps for the gaming keys on the keyboard. I did this, because all of the other keys work just fine (including the multimedia keys) right out of the box on a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10. I will attach the file so that others might use it as well. What I would like to do however, is to have it load automatically on startup of the Xsession. If anyone knows how to do this, please reply to this post. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have found how to do this by adding it to the Startup Applications. Now, it is enabled every time I log in. Life and gaming in linux just keep getting better and better. :smile:

As far as the file, save it to your home directory and run it with the command: sudo ./zboard.sh
This will load the missing keymaps for the gaming keys on the left side of the keyboard.

If this has helped you, I am glad that I could contribute back to the community that has done so much for me.

Thanks,
:grin:
Attached Files http://ubuntuforums.org/images/attach/sh.gif zboard.sh (http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=144919&d=1264416723) (1.1 KB, 25 views)"

nhasian
June 1st, 2010, 01:35 AM
please use more descriptive titles so people can help you better. also please mark the thread solved.

nhasian
June 1st, 2010, 07:46 AM
i don't think you specified where your trouble was, so lets start from the beginning. open up a terminal from Applications-> accessories-> terminal

change directory to wherever you put the file zboard.sh

make it executable with the command:

chmod +x zboard.sh

then execute the script:

./zboard.sh

good luck!

G1z3r
June 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
with some help from my wife, ok a lot of help with my wife we got it figured out. thank you so much for the help. sorry for the confusion.

nhasian
June 2nd, 2010, 12:42 AM
great! what did you have to do to get it working? in case someone else has the same issue...

also please mark the thread solved.

with some help from my wife, ok a lot of help with my wife we got it figured out. thank you so much for the help. sorry for the confusion.