PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 sound problem

ATB
May 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM
(Hardware: ASUS M4A785G MB with 1Gb RAM and 1Tb HD)
Did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 (Also tried Mint 9 with the exact same result) and used the alsa upgrade script and is now using ALSA 1.0.23 and this is the current situation:

HDMI working (Stereo only). Connected directly to my Sony LCD TV HDMI input.
Front headphone jack working. (Test it using headphones)
Surround sound rear jacks working i.e Center/Sub, Rear, Side and Front speakers working. (Test it using headphones)
Rear stereo output gold plated RCA connectors NO audio (These connectors feed my stereo amplifier and speakers and is my preferred setup.)

But, if I plug my headphones into the green colored "Line Out port" jack at the back then the sound appears from the gold plated stereo RCA connectors! Amazing!!:) That means that I will need to keep my headphones plugged into the "Line Out port/Front" jack to have high quality stereo from the gold plated RCA connectors. I don't want to do that. (BTW, I can hear audio on the headphones while being plugged into the line out port) Could this be a jack sensing problem?

Here is my ALSA info: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=18797647c60d968a381d2046d6e1be67c0adde69

Hope someone can help me. Kind regards.

P.s. I did check that nothing is muted and all volumes are turned up high in alsamixer.