PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] On version 10.4, I can no longer drag windows between workspaces...

bilbo.san
May 31st, 2010, 02:01 AM
Hi,

I have just upgraded from 9.19 to 10.4... as usually, there are a few things that changes on every upgrade. For instance, for some reason, the Ubuntu loading logo is gone, it just displace a text on top saying 'loading...', and it takes much longer now. BUT it runs kind of smoother once it is fully loaded.

One thing I would really like to have back is the ability to drag window programs between workspaces... this is something I was able to do since 7.10 version. Can anyone tell me how to have this back to work?
I would really appreciate it.

b.

nhasian
May 31st, 2010, 02:05 AM
to drag windows to other workspaces launch compizconfig settings manager and go to Desktop-> Desktop Wall Plugin-> Edge Flipping and tick the box for "Edge Flip Move"

wojox
May 31st, 2010, 02:07 AM
Open ccsm and go to Desktop-> Desktop Wall Plugin-> Edge Flipping and tick the box for "Edge Flip Move"

bilbo.san
May 31st, 2010, 02:15 AM
THANKS YOU GUYS!!!
That did the trick.

PS, by the way... I saw on a demo that a window switcher for ubuntu that works pretty much like Mac's, to display all program windows simultaneously... I currently use the 'shift switcher'.

AGAIN, THANKS!, I really needed that.

nhasian
May 31st, 2010, 06:40 AM
yeah i think your talking about super-w or super-e

If you like to use docs like mac has, you should check out docky (apt:docky)

sudo apt-get install docky

PS, by the way... I saw on a demo that a window switcher for ubuntu that works pretty much like Mac's, to display all program windows simultaneously... I currently use the 'shift switcher'.

bilbo.san
June 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
THANKS, I have it working with [super]+W.
About this Docky... this looks really nice!, I didnt know about it.
I was also checking Cairo Dock, which one do you think is better?
I read somewhere in Docky is lighter and runs smoother when you have too many applications open on screen.

nhasian
June 2nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
this question comes up every couple of days. everyone has a different preference. I've tried Cairo-dock, AWN, and docky. personally i prefer docky but i must admit that Cairo-dock and AWN have more eyecandy.

About this Docky... this looks really nice!, I didnt know about it. I was also checking Cairo Dock, which one do you think is better? I read somewhere in Docky is lighter and runs smoother when you have too many applications open on screen.