PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TheLastRipper error message

deegoire
May 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I'm trying to use TheLastRipper Linux port 1.4.0. It worked fine for a while, but after logging in, setting the tag, and tuning in, I keep getting the following pop up message:

System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure ---> System.Exception: at System.Net.WebConnection.HandleError(WebExceptionS tatus st, System.Exception e, System.String where)
at System.Net.WebConnection.ReadDone(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket+SocketAsyncResult.Comple te()
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket+Worker.Receive()
at System.Net.WebConnection.HandleError (WebExceptionStatus st, System.Exception e, System.String where) [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000]
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000]
at LibLastRip.LastManager.StartRecording (Boolean newStation) [0x00000]

I have TheLastRipper set to all the default settings. I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on an Acer Aspire One netbook. I have tried uninstalling the repository version and getting the program from the website with the same results.

Does anyone know what the problem is and have a suggestion on how to fix the problem?

tgalati4
May 29th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I use vagalume on Jaunty and it's working fine, so I don't think it's a stream change or that the site is down.

Ameades
June 20th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I am also having the same problem. Currently haven't found any solutions.

triwave
August 10th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Did anybody ever find a solution for this problem? I see the same errors and would like the try the tool if there is a way to make it work in ubuntu 10.04 or even 9.10