PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] php file is blank in browser, help

AresArtemis1
May 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM
hi, professionals, finally I finished deploying work for my web server with Ubuntu 10 lts, everything testing is pass, only the php file issue, I put a testing php file in the /var/www/testing.php

but I open a firefox, and then I saw a blank page, I am sure that Apache read the file, but why return a blank page in browser, any professional know why, could you please teach me how to solve this small issue

best thanks and regards,

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

I am going to donate my webserver space to Ubuntu team!

new_tolinux
May 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I put a testing php file in the /var/www/testing.php
Please post the contents of your testing php-file between
and tags.
Or use this one:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Ryan Dwyer
May 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Make sure you're accessing the page through http://localhost and not file:///. Then make sure you have libapache2-mod-php5 installed.

cdenley
May 24th, 2010, 02:31 PM
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
sudo a2enmod php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
cat /var/www/testing.php
echo -e "GET /testing.php HTTP/1.0\n"|nc -q 1 127.0.0.1 80

wojox
May 24th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Post the contents of testing.php

AresArtemis1
May 24th, 2010, 07:16 PM
hi, professionals, the content as follows:

<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
<br>
</body>
</html>

but still is blank page

cdenley
May 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
You still haven't posted the output from the commands I gave you, so it is a little difficult to help.

AresArtemis1
May 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I followed the instruction check the following things:

By default, the Apache 2 Web server is configured to run PHP5 scripts. In other words, the PHP5 module is enabled in Apache2 Web server automatically when you install the module. Please verify if the files /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf and /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load exist.

they are exist, I saw

cdenley
May 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
By default, the Apache 2 Web server is configured to run PHP5 scripts. In other words, the PHP5 module is enabled in Apache2 Web server automatically when you install the module. Please verify if the files /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf and /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load exist.

Installing apache does not install apache's php5 module. I believe installing the php5 module enables it automatically, but apache is not restarted automatically, and you cannot use newly installed modules until apache2 is restarted. I cannot proceed to help you further until you run the commands I provided and post the output.

ArchCast
May 24th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Just to do some basic troubleshooting here... can you run php from the command line?

php /var/www/testing.php

cdenley
May 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Just to do some basic troubleshooting here... can you run php from the command line?

php /var/www/testing.php

He would probably have to install the command-line interpreter first.

sudo apt-get install php5-cli

I still suggest posting the output from these troubleshooting commands I posted earlier.

sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
sudo a2enmod php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
cat /var/www/testing.php
echo -e "GET /testing.php HTTP/1.0\n"|nc -q 1 127.0.0.1 80

ArchCast
May 25th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Also, do you have logging enabled? If so, what's in your access.log and error.log?

joeyoung25
September 9th, 2011, 03:08 PM
OK I know this post is old but I am looking for a solution. There was an update for php 2 days ago so I installed them in Webmin and now none of my php code works. Its just blank. It worked before the update. You can see my php info file by going to
support.servitechlabs.com /test.php Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

SeijiSensei
September 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
deleted; double post when server fell over

SeijiSensei
September 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
What do you see in /var/log/apache2/error.log?