PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Docky / GnomeDo question...

KdotJ
May 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I asked this question in a discussion in the Community Cafe but it appears to be somewhat of a quiet thread.

I know that using GnomeDo you can have docky as the interface, and when you press super+space the dock turns into a search box, but is it possible to have the dock as a 3D flat dock but still be used as GnomeDo frontend?

I know tat you can get Docky as a standalone dock, but it doesnt have GnomeDo integrated.

-humanaut-
May 24th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I believe the Super+Super still works even with compositing on.

KdotJ
May 24th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I mean that there is no option in the preferences to make the docky flat 3D, like there is with the normal standalone docky.

Or is there a way to install Docky and GnomeDo and link docky to it?

-humanaut-
May 25th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I'm honestly not sure. I haven't used Gnomedo or docky in some time sorry I can't offer anymore help but ill bump the thread for you.

nhasian
May 25th, 2010, 12:22 AM
The best place to ask that question would be directly to the developers here (https://answers.launchpad.net/do).

KdotJ
May 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the bump and reply guys, I'll get on with asking the devs :-)

BandD
May 25th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Just curious, but why are you opposed to running them as two seperate apps? I do know that the docky devs broke off from gnomedo several/many months ago. I actally kinda prefer them as seperate entities personally...