PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help.. Greenish screen

tweety_r78
May 21st, 2010, 10:16 PM
I would be very happy if someone could provide me with some tips on how to fix this...:
Today the screen of my computer suddenly went greenish. All the black has turned sort of a green/neon flickering light. I have no idea what caused it. My only suspision is that, yesterday I downloaded some themes from the Gnome web page. I downloaded one called "Live" twice, it said it was succsesfully downloaded. But now, it's nowhere to be found. This theme had a greenish colour in it. I have no idea if that is what caused it, all I now is that everything was great yesterday, and now it's green...

If someone could either guide me to a way of seeing my latest downloads to the computer, or a way to clean up the system. Or if there is some way to reset all the software.

by the way.. I just upgraded to Lucid Lynx .

sydbat
May 21st, 2010, 10:33 PM
I would be very happy if someone could provide me with some tips on how to fix this...:
Today the screen of my computer suddenly went greenish. All the black has turned sort of a green/neon flickering light. I have no idea what caused it. My only suspision is that, yesterday I downloaded some themes from the Gnome web page. I downloaded one called "Live" twice, it said it was succsesfully downloaded. But now, it's nowhere to be found. This theme had a greenish colour in it. I have no idea if that is what caused it, all I now is that everything was great yesterday, and now it's green...

If someone could either guide me to a way of seeing my latest downloads to the computer, or a way to clean up the system. Or if there is some way to reset all the software.

by the way.. I just upgraded to Lucid Lynx .What type of monitor is it? LCD? CRT? If it is an old CRT, it might be failing (I know because mine is and I need a new one).

mixmastamyk
May 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Usually this is caused by a disconnected/bad pin on a VGA cable. Sometimes it is the monitor. If you lose the red or blue signal, everything looks green.

Try reconnecting the cables. If that doesn't work, swap each piece with different hardware until you find the culprit.