PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless

renodude18
May 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey all, I'm new to this forum sorta. I had an account a couple years ago and don't remember the information for it.

But anyway I'm needing some help with adapting my Dell Inspiron B130 to Ubuntu 10.04. I know that there are other people on the forum having the a similar problem. but i noticed that they were all using the previous versions of Ubuntu. This Laptop runs Ubuntu just fine, even desktop effects worked right away, as well with all the fn keys. with the exception of the Eject key, but that doesn't matter since the drive has a eject button of its own.

The problem with this system is of course like many other people is the wireless card is either not correctly being used by the drivers or there is no drivers. The Card in question is the Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI built in wireless. On the native windows xp home sp3 it runs fine. I currently have Ubuntu installed via WUBI. Although I've noticed some differences then previous WUBI installs on other machines. the main problem is that I have no access to the Windows Dir from Ubuntu. not a huge problem since most my data is on an accessible USB External HDD.

Sorry for the length of this, I try and be really descriptive, so that its easier for you to know what the problem is. And also thank you to anyone that helps. If someone could help me today it would be awesome but not expected. thanks