PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing JDownloader through script

webwiller
May 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
wget must be installed on system!
Download jd.sh
chmod +x jd.sh
start jd.sh

I'm trying to install JDownloader and I have to follow the above instructions. I get away with downloading the script on my desktop, but when I open terminale and do:

chmod +x jd.sh

I get: no such file or directory.

What am I doing wrong?

thx in adv! ;)

Ozymandias_117
May 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Are you in the right Directory? GNU/Linux is case-sensitive, are you sure the program is jd.sh not Jd.sh or JD.sh?

Keith1212
May 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
This is the guide I used. I forget who wrote it so credit goes to them.

What your trying to do is make the jd.sh and executable file. U need to make sure jd.sh is in your Home folder. Then cd to that folder in your terminal and execute the command. Or browse there in the file manager and right click properties of jd.sh and check the box to make it executable.

For those who still bump their head in JD in Ubuntu do this

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-plugin
(TAB button to be able to click OK)
sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

wget -c http://212.117.163.148/jd.sh
chmod +x jd.sh
./jd.sh

after install
make a short cut in your panel rightclick -> add to panel-> make a shortcut->add-> Type: Program in Termilnal Name: "JD", CMD: "sudo ./jd.sh" , Coments:what ever u like. -> and OK

next time hit this shortcut and enter your root pass

Troublegum
May 15th, 2010, 09:38 PM
You can install Jdownloader through synaptic. There's a PPA on Launchpad.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install jdownloader

SurajSingh
June 1st, 2010, 06:24 PM
its the best method as far as online installation is concerned ....what if someone has to install jdownloader in an offline method .....i guess whatever installations instructions offered in any threads for installation of any application should be discussed in online and offline manner both if possible....and if its either too difficult or not possible to install in offline way then the reason should be told. i dont kno whether jdownloader can be installed in offline way so tell me :P plz.

mac9416
June 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
SurajSingh, you can install jdownloader offline using Keryx (http://keryxproject.org). Simply create your project and add this line to the sources list: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jd-team/jdownloader/ubuntu karmic main

SurajSingh
June 4th, 2010, 01:45 AM

oktapod
July 6th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks Troublegum.

TimEnid
July 14th, 2010, 01:45 AM
You can install Jdownloader through synaptic. There's a PPA on Launchpad.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader
sudo apt-get update

new to ubuntu. how can i install jdownloader using this method?

mac9416
July 14th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Hi, TimEnid,

That method should work for you. All you have to do is open a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal), and then copy those commands into it. When you enter the first command and hit <enter>, you'll be asked for your password. As you enter the password, you won't see it being entered, but it is. After the third command, JDownloader will be installed.

TimEnid
July 14th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi, TimEnid,

That method should work for you. All you have to do is open a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal), and then copy those commands into it. When you enter the first command and hit <enter>, you'll be asked for your password. As you enter the password, you won't see it being entered, but it is. After the third command, JDownloader will be installed.
it worked, thanks, but, when i went to open jdownloader, it installed the update and hung at 99%. i let it sit for about 30 minutes thinking something would happen, but nothing. Any suggestions.

mac9416
July 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM
If JDownloader installed correctly, and you're now having trouble getting it to start, you should open up a new thread for that. You should also ask on their forum (http://board.jdownloader.org/) since you'll be more likely to get good help there.

EXCiD3
July 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
it worked, thanks, but, when i went to open jdownloader, it installed the update and hung at 99%. i let it sit for about 30 minutes thinking something would happen, but nothing. Any suggestions.

Just try for closing JDownloader and try it again. I've had that issue happen to me before as well.

raman1478
December 16th, 2010, 05:24 PM
how do i create launcher for JDownloader

Thanks

i already did these

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader
sudo apt-get update