PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!printer wont work

cflores79
May 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I have ubuntu, and an hp deskjet printer, so I download HPLIP, then wine, then I install autorun so I could reinstall the printer's cd but the printer shows as my default printer it even shows when I try to print that its printing and then says printing complete but NOTHING PRINTS:confused: I'm so lost I have no idea what to check or do next when I try to install printer cd of course its for window and or mac but I thought with wine there wouldn't be a problem I install autorun and everytime I try to run it it gives me and error it can't find autorun.....HELP PLEASE

Ozymandias_117
May 15th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Have you tried System -> Admin -> Printing clicking "Add" and adding it...?

cflores79
May 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
it already says hp deskjet1600 series mine is a deskjet1660 but that would be considered 1600 series right

Ozymandias_117
May 15th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Yup. Just make sure it's set to your default printer and you should be all set.

cflores79
May 15th, 2010, 06:54 AM
it says its set to my default printer but still doesn't print so I went in to add my specific printer and it gets to a page where it asks me to select driver downloadable driver is high lighted put I can't click on the forward button does it matter if it says 1600 series if I have a 1660 because with the 1600 series it says that its printing and job complete but nothing prints I'm so confused