PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Browsers not allow going back to previous screen..

ve1drg
May 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I am running whatever the browser that comes with ubuntu? Just forget the name. Maybe firefox or something.

My question relates to being able to go back to a previous screen like you do in Windows, where you simply click the back arrow....

Can this be done in Ubuntu? The only way I am able to do it is to make sure that additional windows that are opened in the existing window happen in a NEW window. That way I am able to kill that new window and am right back in the start/original window.

cascade9
May 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Its firefox, and yes, it has 'back' buttons (and forward as well).

BTW, you dont need to open a new window- firefox supports tabs, you can just open a new tab. Much easier to keep track of than new windows....

philinux
May 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I am running whatever the browser that comes with ubuntu? Just forget the name. Maybe firefox or something.

My question relates to being able to go back to a previous screen like you do in Windows, where you simply click the back arrow....

Can this be done in Ubuntu? The only way I am able to do it is to make sure that additional windows that are opened in the existing window happen in a NEW window. That way I am able to kill that new window and am right back in the start/original window.

In the address bar type
about:config

In the filter type backspace. Double click the entry and change the value to 0, zero. I think it's set to -1 by default.

lovinglinux
May 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
EDITED: I should stop replying posts when I'm sleepy.

ve1drg
May 14th, 2010, 06:32 PM
In the address bar type
about:configIn the filter type backspace. Double click the entry and change the value to 0, zero. I think it's set to -1 by default.

Thanks guys for this wonderful tip. It works!! Now I wonder why the default setting was 2 and what did that do for us?? Certainly not allow for backspacing..

lovinglinux
May 14th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys for this wonderful tip. It works!! Now I wonder why the default setting was 2 and what did that do for us?? Certainly not allow for backspacing..

EDITED: I should stop replying posts when I'm sleepy.