PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] accidentally deleted my open tabs on new 10,04:P

jml52187
May 13th, 2010, 08:01 PM
anyone know how to redisplay open tabs on kubuntu 10.04?

johngreth
May 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM
right click the bar. Add to panel. Window list.

jml52187
May 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
tried that but windows list never showed up. I'll keep poking. Seems to only add new panels. Actually, it only displays add panel, not add to panel.
grrrr
thanx though,
J

chayes19
May 14th, 2010, 04:45 PM
anyone know how to redisplay open tabs on kubuntu 10.04?

Are you using firefox?

ankspo71
May 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi,
In Kubuntu you need to add a widget to the panel called "Task Manager".

Right click on your panel and select Panel Options > Add Widgets. You will see a bar full of widgets open up. There is a search bar on the left, use it to search for "Task Manager". When you find it, double click on it to add it to the panel.

To move the Task Manger to the correct location, right click on the panel again and select Panel Options > Panel Settings. When you see that open up, drag the Task Manager to where you like it.

In Kubuntu, it is kind of easy to accidentally remove something from the panel, so it's best to keep them locked, until we need to add or move something on the panel. So Right click on the panel again, then select Panel Options > Lock Widgets.

Hope this is what you were looking for. :)

johngreth
May 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Seems to only add new panels.
Did you try adding a new panel, then right clicking on the new panel?

jml52187
May 18th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Thanx to everyone for the answers, and sorry for the delayed response(exam week). * Ankspo71 tried that and it was restored. Never would have thought I would need a widget for task manager.
Thanx again all!