PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install 10.04 on Toshiba Laptop - Major Problems

Pudwud
May 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I tried to upgrade virtual machine versions of Hardy Heron (8.04) and Karmic Koala (9.10) and install a clean virtual machine version of Lucid Lynx (10.04) on one Toshiba Laptop that I own and ended up with major problems all three times won't install/boot. I also tried to upgrade a Wubi installation of Karmic Koala on another Toshiba Laptop that I own and again had major problems.

I have been using Ubuntu since Breezy Badger (5.10) and have never encountered problems like this.

Is there some kind of incompatibility between the Toshiba architecture and Lucid Lynx?

Thanks.

jediknightbrodie
May 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM
I've been having the same problems on my Toshiba A355 laptop, I can't install any distro of Ubuntu. I always get a CPU hang. Does anyone know a fix for this??

rodrigonull
May 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Use this parameter on boot: pci=use_crs

:)

afab
June 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Use this parameter on boot: pci=use_crs

:)
This helped to install but another problem, no graphic shell loaded. It is loading just command line and asking login/password. After enetering l/p command line only and nothing going on. I tried to run gnome but it appears some kind of basic shell - no connection to internet, not possible to update, nothing. How to run full version of ubuntu after entering l/p.

Mark Phelps
June 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
This helped to install but another problem, no graphic shell loaded. It is loading just command line and asking login/password. After enetering l/p command line only and nothing going on. I tried to run gnome but it appears some kind of basic shell - no connection to internet, not possible to update, nothing. How to run full version of ubuntu after entering l/p.

This thread is about installation problems, not display problems. Please don't hijack this thread with a fundamentally different problem.

Please start your own thread regarding the display problem.