PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Samba: Please enter authentication Information for...

necronzero
May 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM
So, I have lots of files shared on my PC, it has Win7, I recently installed Kubuntu 10.04, and when I try accessing the PC, it opens up a window that says: Please enter authentication information for PC. I dont have a password nor a username... since I never needed it in windows, How do I fix this?

cariboo
May 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
You must have a user name, or are you just using the generic user name owner or user, which ever one try that.

It's either that or setup a user name and password for your Windows system.

oldsoundguy
May 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
just hit enter. (that is IF you did not set up a password.)

necronzero
May 7th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Any ideas? I already tried hitting enter and many other combinations. How do I setup a windows user and pword for use with samba?

necronzero
May 7th, 2010, 11:05 PM
You must have a user name, or are you just using the generic user name owner or user, which ever one try that.

It's either that or setup a user name and password for your Windows system.

How do i setup a username and password?

chaosgrimm
May 8th, 2010, 01:40 AM
The username and password its asking for should be the one on your windows system. If you dont have one setup already it should be under user accounts in your windows control panel

necronzero
May 8th, 2010, 03:23 AM
The username and password its asking for should be the one on your windows system. If you dont have one setup already it should be under user accounts in your windows control panel

Already tried that, doesnt work.

Falc7
May 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I also get this problem sometimes

chaosgrimm
May 11th, 2010, 01:59 AM
do you have more than one user account for your windows system?