PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Adobe Reader in Ubuntu

U.Ravi Kumar
May 7th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I have just installed Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. I am a complete newbie to this Linux world. Please someone help me how to get and install latest version of adobe reader.

e-Gee
May 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Like on windows just choose diferent operating system http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Linux - 86.deb

cavh
May 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Ubuntu comes with a built-in PDF reader, you don't need Adobe Reader. The native version is a lot quicker, too. Just download a PDF and see for yourself.

sairaj
May 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Go to the Ubuntu Software centre and search for Adobe Reader.

ronnielsen1
May 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Ubuntu comes with a built-in PDF reader, you don't need Adobe Reader. The native version is a lot quicker, too. Just download a PDF and see for yourself.

Agree

1991sudarshan
May 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM
go to Applications >> Accessories >> Terminal

type the following commands in the terminal rather simply paste it

sudo apt-get install acroread

If you want to install Adobe Reader as well as the plug-in for Firefox, then use this line instead

sudo apt-get install acroread mozilla-acroread acroread-plugins

warfacegod
May 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Another aspect of this Open Office. You can use it to write a document and save it as PDF and it is able to save it allot faster than Microsoft Office ever could.

Animal X
May 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
i ran adobe reader under wine

3rdalbum
May 7th, 2010, 12:56 PM
i run adobe reader under wine

Why??

matrix14
May 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I am totally depending to OpenOffice.org to convert office documents into PDF.

But, I use htmldoc (http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/htmldoc) to convert HTML to PDF.

anaconda
May 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM

true, but Adobe Reader is a lot better if you need to print pdf:s especially if you want to print multiple pages on one sheet of paper.

In my opinion evince is better in everything else, but I prefer to have both of them.

Animal X
May 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Why??

I don't really use it, I tried to install it with synaptic(i think) one time, but for some reason Adobe related stuff was giving me a hard time, and firefox pretty much covers anything i might look at, but i had it from windows, and thought it was neat that it ran in wine if i ever needed it to.