PDA

View Full Version : employee benifits?

sandyd
May 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
overall, what employee benifits do you like the most? im currently on a benifit that gives me 250 minutes on my phone + unlimited 3G

doas777
May 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM
well, since i'm in the states, Health Insurance is kinda essential. retirement benifets are also another good one.

Khakilang
May 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Insurance is essential, if your work travels a lot than it would car allowance for maintenance, retirement benefit, 3G wireless broadband and a netbook/notebook to access company information from anywhere. But most importantly your pay must able to pay your house, your car, feed your family and some extra for rainy days.

aysiu
May 4th, 2010, 06:58 PM
well, since i'm in the states, Health Insurance is kinda essential. retirement benifets are also another good one.
Same here. One of the scariest things when you're in the United States is losing your employment, especially if you have what the insurance companies call a "pre-existing condition."

ve4cib
May 4th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Personally I'm a fan of the paycheque. Not that that's really a benefit in the strictest sense, but it's my favourite part of most jobs.

In terms of more traditional benefits, I'm a traditionalist: I like the health/dental/optometry coverage.

Tristam Green
May 4th, 2010, 08:15 PM
My favorites?

- The health coverage I'm afraid to use in fear of raising rates for everyone.
- The vision benefits I only really use once every two years.
- The free coffee that tastes like swill that's in the break room.
- The two weeks of vacation time I get....

doas777
May 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
My favorites?

- The health coverage I'm afraid to use in fear of raising rates for everyone.
- The vision benefits I only really use once every two years.
- The free coffee that tastes like swill that's in the break room.

you get Free Coffee?!? I pay into a department pool.
I knew I should have joined the darkside...

Tristam Green
May 4th, 2010, 08:25 PM
you get Free Coffee?!? I pay into a department pool.
I knew I should have joined the darkside...

One of the many fringe perks you get when you're a PaidMicrosoftShill™ :popcorn:

spaik
May 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
u guys are licky u even have those :)

KiwiNZ
May 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I am on the best Employee benefit...... retirement.

OK the reasons not that great , medical but retirement is cool but given my age its cool.
Every cloud does have a silver lining.

urukrama
May 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM
The satisfaction and even joy I get from doing my job. :)

doas777
May 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I am on the best Employee benefit...... retirement.

OK the reasons not that great , medical but retirement is cool but given my age its cool.
Every cloud does have a silver lining.
I had been waiting all day for vadar to appear. shoudl have known it would be you kiwi.

juancarlospaco
May 4th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Girlz

:)

lisati
May 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Only two weeks? Sounds like I had it good when I was working - three weeks regular leave. I've heard that it has since gone up to four weeks, or at least they were considering increasing the entitlement.

Although not officially retired as such (still another 15 years or so to go before I'm 65) I'm thankful for the taxpayer-subsidized income and health care I have.

(/flees before cries of "bludger" come flying in, triggering more health problems)

themarker0
May 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I got free old parts my work didn't use anymore. Awesome hours, and a phone when i worked there.

eriktheblu
May 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Health care. For the most part my wife and I pay nothing.

Life insurance. Pay a little each month so the wife can pay the mortgages when I die.

Education. If I choose to go to school, work pays for tuition.

Retirement. I get 1/2 my paycheck once I've been here 20 years, goes up to 3/4ths at 30 years.

Gym membership.

30 days paid vacation every year.

The U.S. Army has it's perks.

elliotn
May 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
medical benefit - although i have to pay my contribution too,

lol monthly house allowance...it aint much thou

retirement - wow am plannin to retire after 10 years.

yester64
May 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
In germany i had really good benefits (that might changed since then).
I got 13 month income, Bonus pay every year, 6 weeks vacation, coffee, telefon, internet (well that was on the job).
I liked it...

Here, i hit the can. I work right now parttime but pay is ok. Have even free benefits and lower pay for my wife.
But thats about it. No vacation paid, less hours. it sucks...
Still better than without job. How american's survived without insurance if you lost your job?

gletob
May 4th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I don't have a Car, Job, or Drivers License. But I do go to school, they don't pay me enough, but I get a good edjumacation.

lisati
May 4th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I don't have a Car, Job, or Drivers License. But I do go to school, they don't pay me enough, but I get a good edjumacation.

Now how did that song by Pink Floyd go? Something like, "We don't need no edjumacation...." or the Barron Knights version, "Christmas turkey, you can <snip>, Roast potatoes, sprouts and all! ..... Hey, Santa! (Wot?) Leave that booze alone!" :)

matchett808
May 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM
The discounted health plan (40% off) + pension (i put in 5% of my wage + they put in double what i do....), relaxed atmosphere, full time wages for part time work. bonus schemes, stakeholder scheme (at same deal as pension - the put in twice what I do) 33 days of holiday a year, in a 4 hour shift I actually only work about 2 hours - but thats the way its set up, incentive schemes which include 'buffets' put on at random......

So all in all although it sounds like the worst job in the world, its pretty damn good.....

nubimax
May 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
yesteryear When yiu have no insurance in U.S. you have options. m
Mine was move to Mexico where medical is 1/10 the cost on most things.
M.

chickengirl
May 5th, 2010, 01:08 AM
1000 minutes and unlimited internets on my cell phone for $10/mo.

Too bad I hate almost everything else about my job. *cry*

CharlesA
May 5th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Health insurance and a kickass vacation time plan. I get 8 hours a month of vacation time up to 240 hours (30 days) vaction time.

oldsoundguy
May 5th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I was self employed as I ran my own business .. so I set my own benefits.

The food and the women on the road were nice at times!

swordofmonkeys
May 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I get free breakfast, and freedom over my hours. But no health insurance.

seenthelite
May 5th, 2010, 01:54 AM
The position I have includes the use of a company supplied car and fuel and unlimited use of a mobile phone, but the part I enjoy most is I have to work all over the country and get to see our fantastic country for free. Plus occasional overseas work, I enjoyed working in Sri Lanka.