PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the super key?

J V
May 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm sure you've heard of microsofts new site (http://wherestheanykey.co.uk) about ID Ten-T errors...

Why doesn't Canonical make one for linux ID Ten-T errors? (I can't find the drivers, wheres the firewall, I need antivirus etc)

RabbitWho
May 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
For all the people who google "Where's the super key?" in the future and hit this thread:

It's generally the button with the windows picture on it.

YAy! I'm helping

Bachstelze
May 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Aka "the key with the not-so-super logo on it", as people often put it.

YuiDaoren
May 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
"Where's the super key?"

It's the one with the little cape. If you can't find such a key, try putting your keyboard in a phone booth for a few minutes.

Frogs Hair
May 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Speaking of keys , last night my W7 did its three month check to see if my copy of Windows was genuine.The screen turned black and it said your copy of Windows is not genuine . With this I went to the activation window and pressed activate again and all was well.

My copy of windows was genuine when purchased I don't understand why it would become an illegal copy at a latter time? This "Software Cop " application is called Choice Guard of all things . Originally , this was supposed to be an optional update , but MS changed its status and sent it as an important update.

I am good two go for another three months until my screen turns black again and I press my activation key again.

pricetech
May 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'm sure you've heard of microsofts new site (http://wherestheanykey.co.uk) about ID Ten-T errors...

Why doesn't Canonical make one for linux ID Ten-T errors? (I can't find the drivers, wheres the firewall, I need antivirus etc)

Canonical doesn't strike me as being the kind of entity that likes to make fun of people for their ignorance. (ignorance in the purest sense, as in just not knowing)

And just so you know, don't call in a windows key if you're running Linux or tiny penguins will crawl up out of the keyboard and consume you.

sydbat
May 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Aka "the key with the not-so-super logo on it", as people often put it.

"Where's the super key?"

It's the one with the little cape. If you can't find such a key, try putting your keyboard in a phone booth for a few minutes.

And just so you know, don't call in a windows key if you're running Linux or tiny penguins will crawl up out of the keyboard and consume you.I lol'd...

Wee_Guy
May 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I am good two go until for another three months until my screen turns black again and I press my activation key again.

Maybe you should join the 'dark side'. All I'm saying is one download and my activation worries are gone far away ;)

Frogs Hair
May 4th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Maybe you should join the 'dark side'. All I'm saying is one download and my activation worries are gone far away ;)

Understood , It's a matter of deleting a partition for me. W7 was a gift from my father so I will use it and maintain it for this reason . Since installing Ubuntu I rarely use W7. I just needed to unload and rant a bit about an intrusive piece of software that was made to expose fake copies of windows

Tristam Green
May 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Because 99% of the computers in the world with a special key that handles special functions has a Windows logo on them...yeah. It can't possibly be easier to call it the "Window Key".

cloyd
May 4th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Well, I hate to say it, but before November of last year, I'd have asked "where is the super key?" Fortunately for me, someone in the forums was gracious enough to say "super key (also called windows key)". I thank them.

It is somewhat like Ziba (don't know that I spelled her name right) on NCIS. She makes a ton of comical mistakes with American colloquialisms. But every now and then, it is no mistake. The word she uses is exactly what she means.

On an other subject in the thread, I'm really trying to get up the courage to delete the windows vista partition on this machine. I have it on another, so if something comes up which I must have windows for, it would be there. It would really feel good to rip that the windows sticker of both the front and the back of the machine.

steveneddy
May 5th, 2010, 04:19 AM
No, sir, it wouldn't work for you to press control C at home, then press control V at office... No, no, it doesn't matter how expensive your computers are..

Priceless

J V
May 5th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Some MCSEs can give good stories ;)

dragos240
May 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM
It can also be the apple key.

forrestcupp
May 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM

Is that really Microsoft's site, or did someone just put "Microsoft presents" on their banner?

Also, Canonical did make a site for that stuff. It's this forum. ;)

Edit: I know Canonical didn't originally make these forums. ;)

Foster Grant
May 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM
For all the people who google "Where's the super key?" in the future and hit this thread:

System 76 released a fix for that bug: http://www.system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

:D

I keep trying to remember to order some of those for my laptop and Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard, too. :lol:

J V
May 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I have a backlit keyboard, but I'd give (almost) anything for a razer lycosa tux key :)

Grenage
May 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
The reality of these kinds of sites, is that 99% of the content is either made up, or not at all funny.

sydbat
May 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM
The reality of these kinds of sites, is that 99% of the content is either made up, or not at all funny.This.