PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] recover from backup causes error

krnlcrash
May 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Desperate for some help.

I am running 8.04 Ubuntu server. Unfortunately a couple of days ago I thought I should upgrade as desktop upgrades usually go without a hitch and are very easy. I forgot that my server is live with a few websites and a radius server set up just the way I need (took painfully long time to figure out).

Needless to say the upgrade caused many config file changes and many things stopped working. I panicked since this is a live server so I went straight to the backups to recover my system. I booted from a live CD and copied the entire system overtop the new one.

Everything that needed to work works, however now I get this message in my mail about every 10-20mins:

Subject: Cron <root@IMwebserver> [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -print0 | xargs -r -0 rm
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>

xargs: xargs.c:443: main: Assertion `bc_ctl.arg_max <= (131072-2048)' failed.
Aborted

Googling it, I found that its a problem with findutils. I tried to reinstall findutils with no luck.

My backup script looks like so:
@daily /usr/bin/rdiff-backup --exclude /dev --exclude /tmp --exclude /var/run/cups/cups.sock --exclude /var/log --exclude /mnt --exclude /media --exclude /proc --exclude /sys --exclude /var/cache/apt / /media/removable/BACKUP/rdiff/
(here you can see all that was excluded.

How can I fix my system so the above e-mail no longer occurs?

richardjh
May 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Are you all up to date?
See this bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/findutils/+bug/234345).

Alternatively may be a problem in
/etc/cron.d/php5Mine looks like this:

# /etc/cron.d/php5: crontab fragment for php5
# This purges session files older than X, where X is defined in seconds
# as the largest value of session.gc_maxlifetime from all your php.ini
# files, or 24 minutes if not defined. See /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime

# Look for and purge old sessions every 30 minutes
09,39 * * * * root [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -print0 | xargs -n 200 -r -0 rm
So can you run the command

[ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -print0 | xargs -n 200 -r -0 rmas root without errors? If so copy the above into /etc/cron.d/php5 and all should be well.

Post back if you still get problems.