PDA

View Full Version : I am going to start to Help Ubuntu! :D

TheNerdAL
May 3rd, 2010, 02:13 AM
I will help Ubuntu by helping people who need help and also by maybe designing for Ubuntu. :)

My question is, if you help Ubuntu, how do you help?

cariboo907
May 3rd, 2010, 02:56 AM
Maybe this (http://www.ubuntu.com/community) will help you start on your way.

murderslastcrow
May 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
If you don't know how to program, but you like design, making interesting, non-generic themes for GTK 2, metacity, and icon themes are all great ideas for ways to get involved without investing TONS of time.

Also, just revising documentation on subjects you're aware of and adding documentation that you see is lacking can go a long way, and if you know another language translations are very important.

Beyond that, finding creative and compelling ways to spread the word about Ubuntu is something we need more of. There are some good ads going around on YouTube, but plenty more polish and style to match the current Ubuntu could be helpful.

Also, donating to your favorite software packages, and maybe getting a little Ubuntu merchandise, are all good ways to show your love, and now there are some very hip and stylish Ubuntu designs you won't feel embarrassed having around the house (no offense to the old design, which was charming, but not quite as sleek).

Other than that, there are groups on iRC for you to find out how to best contribute. I'll need someone to refresh me, since I personally have too much going on to do more than buy Ubuntu stuff. XD

TheNerdAL
May 3rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
If you don't know how to program, but you like design, making interesting, non-generic themes for GTK 2, metacity, and icon themes are all great ideas for ways to get involved without investing TONS of time.

Also, just revising documentation on subjects you're aware of and adding documentation that you see is lacking can go a long way, and if you know another language translations are very important.

Beyond that, finding creative and compelling ways to spread the word about Ubuntu is something we need more of. There are some good ads going around on YouTube, but plenty more polish and style to match the current Ubuntu could be helpful.

Also, donating to your favorite software packages, and maybe getting a little Ubuntu merchandise, are all good ways to show your love, and now there are some very hip and stylish Ubuntu designs you won't feel embarrassed having around the house (no offense to the old design, which was charming, but not quite as sleek).

Other than that, there are groups on iRC for you to find out how to best contribute. I'll need someone to refresh me, since I personally have too much going on to do more than buy Ubuntu stuff. XD

Yeah, I also want to make professional looking Ubuntu ads on Youtube.